American Flat Track has announced its 18-race calendar for the 2018 season, which begins with the DAYTONA TT at Daytona International Speedway on Thursday, March 15, 2018, and finishes up just a stone’s throw from downtown New York City with the Meadowlands Mile at the famed Meadowlands Sports Complex in East Rutherford, New Jersey, on October 6.
America’s original extreme sport enters its 66th consecutive year of competition in 2018, and the championship will once again launch during DAYTONA Bike Week, but this time on a bigger, better and faster DAYTONA TT circuit built inside the legendary tri-oval at the World Center of Racing. Seven-time Grand National Champion Chris Carr has redesigned the track to better showcase the speed and ferocity of pro flat track competition.
Comprised of eight Mile races, five Half-Miles, three TTs, and two Short Track events, the 2018 series features two new venues – the mile track at New Jersey’s Meadowlands Sports Complex and the Short Track at Weedsport Speedway in Weedsport, New York – and one location returning to the calendar, the mile track at Canterbury Park in Shakopee, Minnesota. Both the Canterbury Park and Meadowlands facilities are high-end horse-racing parks with modern amenities, while Weedsport Speedway, situated between Rochester and Syracuse, New York, recently received significant upgrades and is now hailed as one of the country’s finest dirt speedways.
American Flat Track enters its second year of broadcast coverage on NBCSN and fifth year of live streaming coverage on FansChoice.tv. The American Flat Track series concluded 2017 with record-breaking TV and live streaming numbers that resulted in the largest viewing audience in the storied history of the sport. An enhanced broadcast package, featuring improved coverage and exciting new broadcast airdates, is planned for the 2018 American Flat Track schedule and will be announced in the coming months.
Tickets for the 2018 running of the DAYTONA TT are now on sale and going fast. To reserve your seats at the World Center of Racing for the biggest spectacle of DAYTONA Bike Week, visit Daytona International Speedway’s website http://www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com or call 1-800-PITSHOP.
Complete 2018 American Flat Track Schedule:
- March 15: DAYTONA TT – Daytona International Speedway, Daytona Beach, Florida
- April 7: Atlanta Short Track – Dixie Speedway, Woodstock, Georgia
- April 28: Texas Half-Mile – Texas Motor Speedway, Fort Worth, Texas
- May 5: Calistoga Half-Mile – Calistoga Speedway, Calistoga, California
- May 12: Arizona Mile – Turf Paradise, Phoenix, Arizona
- May 19: Sacramento Mile – Cal Expo, Sacramento, California
- May 27: Springfield Mile I – Illinois State Fairgrounds, Springfield, Illinois
- June 2: Red Mile – Red Mile, Lexington, Kentucky
- June 16: OKC Mile – Remington Park, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- June 30: Lima Half-Mile – Allen County Fairgrounds, Lima, Ohio
- July 7: Weedsport Short Track – Weedsport Speedway, Weedsport, New York
- August 5: Buffalo Chip TT – Buffalo Chip, Sturgis, South Dakota
- August 7: Black Hills Half-Mile – Rapid City Speedway, Rapid City, South Dakota
- August 18: Peoria TT – Peoria Motorcycle Club, Peoria, Illinois
- September 2: Springfield Mile II – Illinois State Fairgrounds, Springfield, Illinois
- September 8: Williams Grove Half-Mile – Williams Grove Speedway, Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
- September 29: Canterbury Park Mile – Canterbury Park, Shakopee, Minnesota
- October 6: Meadowlands Mile – Meadowlands, East Rutherford, New Jersey
Text and photos courtesy of American Flat Track